Monday, January 27, 2020

"Ca Tait Pas Difference Asteur (It Makes No Difference Now)" - Sons of Acadians

Oran "Doc" Guidry played fiddle across south Louisiana with many groups. Originally recording with Happy Fats and the Rayne-Bo Ramblers for the Bluebird Label in 1936, he broke away to form the Sons of the Acadians band with his brother Nason and cousin Ray Guidry.  The team recorded the song "Ca Tait Pas Difference Asteur" (#17052) for Decca.  Sung by Sidney Guidry of the Alley Boys of Abbeville, the song is a cover of a Jimmie Davis tune called "It Makes No Difference Now".   His group rounded out with Roscoe Whitlow on steel guitar. 



Ça fait pas différence que ça de vivre quand même,
Ça faire sans toi ça c'est bien facile à voir,
Ça me gène pas quoi ça dit mais, moi j'vas faire sans toi,
Mais, te tracasse pas, ça fait pas de différence asteur.

C’était juste un an passé que je t'avais rencontré,
Moi je t'aimais et je croyais que tu m'aimais aussi,
Mais ça c'est dans le passé et j'vas t'oublier,
Ça me tracasse pas, ça fais pas de différence asteur.

Alors, qu'on s'a quitté, mais, moi j'peux pas croire que ça c'est vrai,
Me blâme pas et moi j'suis sûr je peux pas t'blâmer,
Il y a quelque chose qu'avait pour arriver et qu'est arrivé quand même, 
Te tracasse pas, ça fait pas différence asteur.

Après tout est fait et dit moi j'vas t'oublier,
Quand même j'connais que ça, ça sera si dur à faire,
Laisse les choses venir comme ça vient, mais, m'en j'vas faire comme toi,
Mais, t'tracasse pas, ça fais pas différence asteur.



Daily Advertiser
Nov 1, 1939

After recording with the group, Doc moved to Orange Texas to help in the war effort, where he met Cliff Bruner, playing in clubs throughout the Golden Triangle.  He even toured the country with Jimmie Davis where he would make his signature 1953 recording of "Chere Cherie" with L. J. Blanc at a session in Nashville, TN. During Jimmie Davis’ successful campaigns for governor in 1944 and 1960, Doc Guidry was the featured instrumentalist that added the winning touch in Cajun country.



It makes no difference what life brings anyways,
Doing it without you, that is easy to see,
It doesn't bother me what's said, well, I'm handling it without you,
Well, don't worry, it makes no difference now.

It's just a year since I met you,
I love you and I thought you loved me too,
But this is in the past and I will forget you,
It doesn't bother me, it makes no difference now.

So, we left each other, but, I can't believe it's true,
Don't blame me and I'm sure I can't blame you,
There was somethig that had to happen and that happened anyways,
Don't worry, it makes no difference now.

After all is done and said, I'm going to forget you,
Even though I know that it will be so hard to do,
Let it come as it comes, but, I'm going to handle it like you,
Well, don't worry, it makes no difference now. 





Teche News
Nev 26, 1948






  1. Louisiana Fiddlers By Ron Yule
  2. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~guedrylabinefamily/oranguidry.html
  3. Lyrics by Stephane F

Release Info:
66404-A Ca Tait Pas Difference Asteur (It Makes No Difference Now) | Decca 17052 A
66407-A Rosetta | Decca 17052 B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got info? Pics? Feel free to submit.